Thursday, March 29, 2012

Help with data flow

I would like to use Integration Services to update data in my datawarehouse. I have a table called "AgentStats" that stores archived data from the past 3 years. I would like to import the current year's data from the production server into the same table in my datawarehouse and have my ETL update only the current year's day on a daily basis. The current year's data is constantly updated in the datasource, so I achive the data at the end of the year. Any ideas how I can accomplish this?

Thank You

-Sam

This seems like a simple task, so here goes-

Source (Filter on date to restrict to current year if more than that present) --> Lookup (Lookup to detect if current row exists, using PK columns) --1-> Insert when not exists, Destination

--2-> Update when exists, OLE-DB Command

Things are often more complicated than this, and there are several ways of doing the same job, but that outlines the simplest.

|||Read through this thread: Checking to see if a record exists if so update else insert

No comments:

Post a Comment