Monday, March 26, 2012

Help with BCP!

Hi,
I am creating a text file using bcp in SQL2000. When I open the text
file which was created the =A3 sign has been replaced with something
else. WHen I look at the results in a query, the pound sign is there,
it's only when bcp'd to a text file.
It is running on Windows 2003 Server.
ANy help would be appreciated.This is a char, varchar, or text code page issue. The ascii value for pPound
sterling is 163m, which is greater than 127. If you don't want any
conversation, try to use -C RAW on the bcp command line.
Linchi
"nomad" wrote:
> Hi,
> I am creating a text file using bcp in SQL2000. When I open the text
> file which was created the £ sign has been replaced with something
> else. WHen I look at the results in a query, the pound sign is there,
> it's only when bcp'd to a text file.
> It is running on Windows 2003 Server.
> ANy help would be appreciated.
>|||On 22 Jun, 16:47, Linchi Shea <LinchiS...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> This is a char, varchar, or text code page issue. The ascii value for pPo=und
> sterling is 163m, which is greater than 127. If you don't want any
> conversation, try to use -C RAW on the bcp command line.
> Hi,
Thanks for your response. I have tried setting the '=A3' to CHAR(163)
within the view, and the BCP is set to -c but still no joy. Could it
be something to do with the character set of the Server? as I am in
the UK, but it seems not to recognise '=A3', as if it is in America
ascii set.
> Linchi
> "nomad" wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am creating a text file using bcp in SQL2000. When I open the text
> > file which was created the =A3 sign has been replaced with something
> > else. WHen I look at the results in a query, the pound sign is there,
> > it's only when bcp'd to a text file.
> > It is running on Windows 2003 Server.
> > ANy help would be appreciated.|||On 26 Jun, 13:43, nomad <d.bedg...@.ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On 22 Jun, 16:47, Linchi Shea <LinchiS...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > This is a char, varchar, or text code page issue. The ascii value for p=Pound
> > sterling is 163m, which is greater than 127. If you don't want any
> > conversation, try to use -C RAW on the bcp command line.
> > Hi,
> Thanks for your response. I have tried setting the '=A3' to CHAR(163)
> within the view, and the BCP is set to -c but still no joy. Could it
> be something to do with the character set of the Server? as I am in
> the UK, but it seems not to recognise '=A3', as if it is in America
> ascii set.
> > Linchi
> > "nomad" wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I am creating a text file using bcp in SQL2000. When I open the text
> > > file which was created the =A3 sign has been replaced with something
> > > else. WHen I look at the results in a query, the pound sign is there,
> > > it's only when bcp'd to a text file.
> > > It is running on Windows 2003 Server.
> > > ANy help would be appreciated.
Linchi, scrap that last reply, I wasn't adding -C RAW coorectly. It
worked a dream. Thank you very much for your answer. Much
appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment