Monday, March 26, 2012

Help with backups

Hi, I have a SQL server running on a remote network. On my local machine I
have the SQL client tools in which I use to connect to the SQL server. How
can I perform a backup locally. When I try, it looks at the remote drives
rather then my local drives when I try to backup to my local folder.
Thanks
David
You might try this:
backup database DB1 to disk = '\\mymachine\c:\mssql\backups\DB1_date.bck'
You could run that via SQL Analyzer or put it into a script or job.
hth.
"David" <dross@.si.rr.com> wrote in message
news:um2RfUZdEHA.2520@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi, I have a SQL server running on a remote network. On my local machine
I
> have the SQL client tools in which I use to connect to the SQL server.
How
> can I perform a backup locally. When I try, it looks at the remote drives
> rather then my local drives when I try to backup to my local folder.
> Thanks
> David
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment