Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Help with charts

Hi all,

i'm trying to replicate some functionality I have seen in crystal reports
10, Im hoping it is also possible in SSRS (2005). Any help or pointers would
be appreciated, im stuck!

Basically I want to create a basic bar chart from a dateset. If one of the
bars are clicked, I would like to re-render the chart with data specific to
that bar (this involves performing some further grouping and sorting on the
dataset). This framework needs to be repeated to 5 levels.

Now, I know i can create a hidden report parameter (or a set of them) and
then when the bar is clicked, send this information back to the report and
rerun the report, but this takes time, especially if they are going 5 levels
deep. Is there a better way?

I would like to have a set of charts on my report and hide/unhide them as
needed but pass some parameters between them when the bars are clicked, I
cant figure out how todo this though.

Please help, any advice appreciated!

Kind Regards
Taz

i think there is not any such feature available to support u r problem

but ya u can create five different reports and using "jump to reports" and passing the shown by that bar as parameter to next report

i dont think there is any other option for above problem

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment