Thursday, March 29, 2012

Help with Connections

Hi everybody,

I need a little help...

I created several packages, that after their creation should not be changed again; that's why I created a Package Configuration File in which I set all the Connections I need, so that this is the only file I have to modify.

I set there also the path of the connections for my log file and for my error files (which are both text files), but if I change their paths in the configuration file this change doesn't affect the package, and the path of the log remains the same.

That's an image of one of those packages....

The fact is that I cannot change the ConnectionString of the connection called "log_pkg", but it always remains the same...

How can I resolve this problem?

Thanks everyone

In general this should work. I just did a quick test where I had a package already which contained a Text Log Provider so I added an XML type configuration to the package, on just the connetion string. If I edit the config file and change the name of the file, rerun the package the, the new name is created.

this was section of the config file I was editing, specifically the name in the string "ftp_Log2.txt"

- <Configuration ConfiguredType="Property" Path="\Package.Connections[ftp_Log.txt].Properties[ConnectionString]" ValueType="String">

<ConfiguredValue>C:\_work\SSISPackages\ProtectionLevelTest\ftp_Log2.txt</ConfiguredValue>

</Configuration>

You are doing something similar and it does not work?

When you execute in BI studio, do you see a message similar to the followingin the output window indicating the config file was read?

Information: 0x40016041 at ftptesting: The package is attempting to configure from the XML file "C:\SSISPackages\ftpconfig.dtsConfig".

No comments:

Post a Comment